Friday, March 16

Thank you Honey....I love my Corn Chowder (FAV)

Happy Friday night to me! It's raining out, the kids, hubby and I are hanging out.  One is reading a book, one watching a movie and yet we are all together in the kitchen while creating dinner.  It did not take to much persuasion on my part to get my hubby to whip up my number one, most all time fav soup, his homemade Corn Chowder.
*NOTE* This was modified tonight for a smaller version

Red Potato
Yellow Onion
Red Bell Pepper
Yellow Bell Pepper
Celery
Garlic
Corn
Butter (no salt)
Whole Wheat Flour (you can use all purpose, however we prefer wheat)
Low Sodium Chicken Broth
Red Pepper Flakes
Granulated Garlic
Milk



Chop potatoes and boil about 10 mins. (not too soft, as they will continue to cook in the soup)
Chop all other ingredients and sear in butter until soft, add red pepper flakes, granulated garlic and ground pepper. *NOTE* There is no need to add salt to this soup, you have plenty in the low sodium broth.  Then add your flour to make your roux.  Cook for about 2 mins.
Slowly add milk while stirring until you reach your desired thickness of soup (at a boil).  Then bring to simmer and add corn and potatoes.  Season to your liking :)




Two bowls of this and I am good....who says that soup "is not meal"?  I think I will have to pop one of the bottles of that bubbly we bought today, and toast to a very happy, healthy and blessed life :)

No comments: