Tuesday, August 14

I have a Pear and a Plum...Let's have some fun..

So school starts this week and I am in need of a produce and veggie run to the market.  But what I have in the house will have to do, so looking in the drawer of the fridge and the fruit bowl on the counter I asked myself...."what can I do tonight"?  Well the first thing I can do is call my hubby (as usual) at work and let him know that I am in the creative process again and I need some help. Without hesitation, my wonderful hubby put my mind at ease and told me to just relax and wait until he got home (in other words, not to worry). 

I knew once again, we were going to have some fun in the kitchen and I had a plan that would incorporate the one plum and one pear sitting in the fruit bowl.  So with that said, I poured a glass of wine and waited.

This is Chicken With Pear and Plum Chutney....

You will need the following :

*Chicken Breast
*Fresh Rosemary
*Plum
*Pear
*OJ 1/2 cup (just because of the sugar)
*Red Bell Pepper 1/2 chopped
*Grated Fresh Ginger 1 teaspoon (granulated could work if you don't have fresh)
*Garlic minced 1/2 teaspoon (granulated if not fresh)
*Onion yellow 1/2 chopped
*EVOO 2 tablespoons
*White Wine 1/4 cup (whatever you might have open) OR just open a bottle and pour yourself a glass :)
*Cumin 1/2 teaspoon
*Cinnamon 1/2 teaspoon
*Sea Salt to taste



Over medium heat in a saucepan add your EVOO, garlic, onion and bell pepper.  Saute for about 5 - 10 mins.  Then add your plum, pear, OJ, wine and spices.  Bring all this to a boil, then turn down to a summer for about 1/2 hour until mixture becomes soft.  Remove from heat and let cool for a few, then add to your blender and blend for about 30 secs.



While your "Chutney" mixture is simmering for the half hour, sear your chicken breast and season with sea salt, then finish off in the oven still in the pan.  Once the chicken is cooked, sprinkle chopped fresh rosemary on it and drizzle with chutney.  Serve with butternut squash chips and sliced green apples.


Butternut squash chips...slice squash thin and place in bowl with EVOO and sea salt.  Mix and place in baking dish, and cook at 450 degrees for about 30 min.  Take out and let stand to get firm.  These were so sweet and needed nothing on them, they make a great snack to make and place into a container to have as a grab and go.

If you make this or any of the recipes, I would love to hear your feedback and how it turned out. :)




No comments: